Leo Messi finally crowned the world at Qatar. Argentina beat France in a exciting final decided in the penalty shootout. Messi, who scored two goals in the final (7 in the entire World Cup plus 3 assists), was proclaimed MVP of the tournament.
The GOAT completes a unrepeatable career. 15 years at the highest level, winning all possible titles with FC Barcelona and in recent years with Argentina (Copa América and the FIFA World Cup), with which he also won the gold medal at the 2008 Olympic Games. A legendary career for an exceptional footballer.
MICFootball has also being part of Leo Messi’s history. The Argentine played the tournament in the 2003 edition with Barça, and in 2004 he was the protagonist in the inauguration held at Palamós. Messi carried the torch that ignited a flame that is still alive today. An indelible memory.
Impossible no recordar la inauguració de l'edició del 2004 a Palamós, duent la torxa per encendre una flama que encara ara segueix viva.
Gràcies, Leo! 💙 pic.twitter.com/Iaut9oWZSQ
— MICFootball (@micfootballcup) December 19, 2022
MIC was so protagonist at the FIFA World Cup
Once the FIFA World Cup is over, it’s time to review the MICFootball statistics. The tournament has been very prominent these weeks:
- Of the 172 goals that have been scored in the World Cup, 20 have been scored by MICPlayers (7 Messi)
- A total of 18 assists have been distributed by MICPlayers (3 Messi)
- Leo Messi has been named MVP of the World Cup
- There have been 9 MICPlayers MVP’s
- Of the 64 matches that have been played, 57 have had MICPlayers.
- 19 of the 32 teams that have played in the World Cup have had MICPlayers
- A total of 58 players who have been at the FIFA World Cup played the MICFootball when they were younger